Accounts are created automatically. Go to http://hofstra.voicethread.com/. If you are already logged in to the portal, your account will be created automatically. If you are not yet logged in to the portal, you will be taken to the portal login screen, and after you log in, your account will be created and you will be taken back to Hofstra's VoiceThread. Voice Thread will allow you to discuss using voice, video, or text.
How to Use VoiceThread
Voice Thread will allow you to discuss using voice, video, or text.
- Go to http://hofstra.voicethread.com
- Click on a VoiceThread or VoiceThread link in Blackboard
- Click on the Comment button
- Then, choose the appropriate icon:
- Telephone icon – enter your telephone number and Voice Thread will call you so you can leave an audio comment. You only will have three minutes with this method.
- Video camera icon – if you have a webcam, click on this icon to record your message with video. If you get a Flash pop-up, click Allow. When you are done, click stop recording and then click save.
- Microphone icon (record) – if you have a microphone, click on this icon to record your audio message. When you are done, click stop recording and then click save.
- A icon (type) – click on this icon to type a message. When you are done, click save.
- Arrow icon – click on this icon to upload an audio message you recorded outside of Voice Thread.
- If you don’t have a picture identifying yourself, VoiceThread will ask you to upload a picture. This is a great way to get to know your classmates!
- Your image will appear around the VoiceThread when you have submitted a comment. You can submit more than one comment using video, voice, or text, they will play one after the other. Click on the icon of any person to begin playing their message. You can use the “rewind”, play, and “fast forward” icons as well.
Visit us at SCS Learning Support
Back to Software